St.Lawrence Church, Sinquerim
St. Lawrence Church, Sinquerim, also known as ‘Sao Lourence’, was built by the then Viceroy of Goa, Dom MInguel de Noronha, the fourth Count of Linhares and handed over to the Franciscans in 1636. The Church of St. Lawrence stands tall on a hill overlooking the Arabian Sea and is a short distance from the famous Sinquerim fort.
St.Lawrence church traces back its humble beginnings as a small chapel built in 1630.Initially affiliated to the Parish of Candolim,The church later was granted the status of an independent Parish In 1688.Later on the Diocesan clergy took over the pastoral functioning of the parish. From June, 1991 the Sinquerim parish is entrusted to the members of the Order of the Friars Minor Capuchin’s.